2010-10-12 By: asdf0123

After a Thousand Years

Hi everyone, I thought I won't be updating my blog until STPM is over. But here I found a translation of a chinese song's lyrics, and it's so beautiful in English, unexpectedly. It pretty looks like an original one. 

After a Thousand Years

My heart pounds wildly, 
My dreams are in shackles, 
Love is total commitment, 
I won't say the word in 1000 years. 

When there's nothing but dust, 
In the ruin I'll keep you company, 
My tears, too fragile, 
To realize the love you wanted. 

Because after 1000 years, 
I'll be long gone from this world, 
No longer able to hold your hand, 
Or kiss your forehead tenderly. 

So don't wait for me for 1000 years, 
Until no one remembers me, 
In the desert when the red dusk falls, 
My millennium of loneliness will go unnoticed. 

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnKXYZEXOPQ
Regarding the video link above, the singer was unhealthy while  he sang for Mid-Autumn Festival Celebration. Yet he was able to perform this song with no flaw (just the voice wasn't beautiful as usual). If you wish to listen to the official one, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkzRnjfX_-Q
And, I still prefer his live performance, there are some in youtube


























Oh no, nearly forgot to say, cheers~~~ 

0 comments: